Bathrooms that are properly staged create the feeling of a spa like retreat and a sanctuary for relaxation. The goal of staging a bathroom is to make it appealing to the highest number of potential homebuyers. Home staging will make your bathroom appear comfortable, shiny, functional, clean, organized, and spacious.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when staging your bathroom:
- Clean your bathroom from top to bottom.
- Repair any dents or cracks in the walls or ceilings, and repaint if necessary.
- De-clutter and depersonalize; Remove any personal items such as shampoo, toothbrushes, sponges, toothpaste, razors, makeup, medications, and hairbrushes. Depersonalizing is the key to staging your bathroom properly.
- Make sure you stage and renovate your bathroom with a style that is harmonious with the design style of the rest of your home.
- Talk to a real estate appraiser to determine how your bathroom renovation will change the value of your home.
- Don’t spend more than 3% of your home’s value on a bathroom renovation.
- Replace or refinish the bathtub, shower, toilet, and sink, if they are in need of repair or outdated.
- Fix leaky faucets or replace them with new modern ones to give your bathroom a new look.
- Replace your bathroom countertop and flooring if they are in need of repair or outdated.
- Hang a new shower curtain in a neutral shade.
- Remove any mold and mildew buildup on the ceiling and between the tiles.
- Clean the grout with a grout cleaner if you have a tiled shower or tiled wall.
- Re-grout your tiles if needed to give your bathroom a fresh clean look.
- Clean light fixtures, mirrors, and exhaust fans or replace them if needed.
- Steam wallpaper off the walls and paint the walls with a neutral semi-gloss color.
- Replace the bathroom cabinet hardware if it is outdated.
- Install high-wattage bulbs in the light fixtures to make your bathroom feel bright and shiny.
- Display bath products (bath salt) and drop a few flower petals around them.
- Throw out outdated rugs and towels and replace them with new ones.
- Add a comfortable chair in the bathroom if you have the space, to provide a sense of relaxation.
- Avoid busy patterns in your bathroom décor and design.
- Add fresh flowers. Flowers are a nice staging touch that will add life and color to your bathroom design and increase positive feng shui energy.
- Add a dark framed piece of artwork (11" x 14") on a long wall or above the toilet. Artwork adds interest in a bathroom.
- Clean bathroom windows if they exist, and make sure the window treatments are clean.
- Remove the cleaning supplies, trash can, and magazines from your bathroom.
- Remove all kids and pet toys.
- Paint all your bathroom trims and doors white to create a fresh clean look.
- Keep the toilet seat and lid down.
Staging your bathroom is as important as staging your living room, dining room, kitchen, and master bedroom when you are selling your home. A properly staged bathroom will allow potential homebuyers to easily imagine themselves walking into a spa like retreat creating the feeling of comfort and being pampered.
Follow us on