Visual impact is what sells a home both inside and outside because within the first few seconds of walking into a home, buyers form an opinion and decide whether they want to buy the house or not.
Here are my top 9 staging tips that will help you sell your home quickly and for the highest price:
- Make your entryway feel as spacious as possible by clearing out anything that’s not being used everyday.
- Clean and de-clutter every room in the house.
- Clear out your closets. A good rule is to keep your closets ¼ full.
- Repair and fix as needed: Nicks and cracks in walls, and plumbing leaks.
- Consider repainting your home with neutral colors to make it appealing to the highest number of potential buyers.
- Keep your home décor neutral: remove all sentimental items such as trophies and souvenirs, furniture with animal prints, family heirlooms, and exotic art.
- Depersonalize your house by going through every room; remove all family photos and replace them with generic photos.
- Remove any objects that convey strong political or religious beliefs.
- Rearrange furniture to make your rooms look more spacious and comfortable.
In my next article I will suggest some tips to follow before you show your home.
Follow us on