Contemporary interior design style makes a space feel comfortable and welcoming without being dark and cluttered. It conveys modernity and style.The form and shape of the furniture used are the most important elements when designing a contemporary space.
The Contemporary style is represented by clean lines, open modern spaces, and accents in bold shades. This style is equally appropriate for offices, homes, and stores.
- Materials used in the contemporary style are stone (marble, granite, quartz), and glass.
- Gray, black, red, blue, and white are the most common colors used in the contemporary design style, with bold colored accents and accessories.
- High ceilings and large uncovered windows.
- Bold accent colors in the form of an accent wall or in accessories.
- Accent details such as pillows or a rug.
- Geometric floor coverings.
- Large-scale artwork.
- Floors are usually tile, stone, or polished concrete.
- Furniture pieces are in solid color fabrics and clean lines.
- Light colored woods with flat, plain, and varnished surfaces.
- Textured textiles in natural fabrics to add interest to a room.
- Metallic materials are reflected in furnishings, appliances, accessories, hardware, and light fixtures such as stainless steel, chrome, and brushed nickel.
- Tracking or pendants light fixtures.
- Unique furniture form and shape.
- Carved details, fringes, ruffles, or floral prints are not present in the contemporary design style.
Follow us on