Appearance is everything when you are trying to sell a home and you only have one chance to make a first impression on potential homebuyers.
Here are my pre-home showing staging tips to prepare your home to be as presentable as possible:
- Make sure that every room in the home is clean and spotless.
- Make sure all countertops, sinks and appliances are cleaned in the kitchen.
- Remove small appliances such as toasters and blenders to create the impression that your kitchen has plenty of counter space.
- Make sure all showers, bathtubs and sinks in your bathrooms are scrubbed and cleaned.
- Air out the home and make sure there are no food, pet or smoke odors present.
- Remove pet belongings such as food bowls and litter boxes. Make sure pets are not present during the home showing time or open house.
- Set the thermostat at a comfortable temperature.
- Light a fire if you have a fireplace, in the fall and winter.
- Set the dining room table with attractive linens and dishes.
- Turn on all the lights in the house and use as much natural light as possible by opening drapes and shades. Add extra lamps in dark rooms or corners.
- Arrange fresh flowers in a strategic spot when buyers are viewing the home.
- Leave an open book on a couch to create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Make sure there are no vehicles in the driveway.
- Do one last walk-through to make sure everything is staged properly.
Follow these open house home staging tips and your home will look appealing and welcoming to potential homebuyers, and will sell quickly for the highest possible price.
Follow us on